Nail art and color has been uber-trendy for a long time now...are you on board? If you're anything like me, you wish you had more time to do your nails at all - let alone time to create elaborate nail masterpieces. It's summer, though, and the long days give you more time to set aside for yourself; and do yourself a little favor and take the time to pamper your paws. Here are some ideas and trends to inspire you:
1. The Bold Orange: According to The Zoe Report, this is one hot little color for summer. Dior's Riveria 537 is a gorgeous bright orange coral that will keep your nails looking hot for a date night or summer shin-dig.
2. The Perfect Nude: Nude nails are GORGEOUS in the summer - but you have to do them right. I love this tutorial on finding your perfect nude nail polish from Daily Makeover to assist you in your search. In the meantime, Perfection by Dolce & Gabbana is a great start!
3. The Ombre Look: The New Black Ombre 5-Piece Nail Kits make this easy for you. You get 5 colors that help you create one of the hottest nail art trends of the season for just $22 - a pretty great deal in my ever so humble opinion.
4. The Color of the Year: Emerald is it, folks. Use Metaphor by Jin Soon and you're golden - err, emerald. For more tips on incorporating emerald into your life, check out Emerald City: How to wear the color of the year this summer!
5. The Nail Sticker: These have made nail art so much easier for us less creative (or artsy) types. Not to mention the time they save! Check out SEPHORA by OPI Trend Tips - they come in a plethora of on-trend designs.
6. The Neon: We've seen it everywhere - a lovely throwback to an 80's fave, neons are HUGE. Take your neon nails up a notch with Ciate's Corrupted Neons Manicure Set - they include a top coat that makes your nails glow when exposed to black light.
7. The Pretty Pastel: I especially love this color family on short, manicured nails - and mint green is one of my faves. Try Botanical Gardens by nails inc.
8. The Metallic: Urban Decay literally hit a gold mine with Naked - everybody wants those eye palettes. Now you can snag a gorgeous nail palette with the Naked Nail Set that includes this summer's on trend metallic in addition to other nudes.
9. The Classic Red: What is it that never, ever goes out of style? Oh yeah, the classic red. It always looks sophisticated, and always brings polish to your look. Try Rouge N Pop Art by Yves Saint Laurent for a beautiful red.
What are you wearing on your nails this summer?