Now that spring is officially upon us, we can all join in a collective... YAY!!! Let’s face it; springtime is by far THE most exciting season when it comes to fashion. I mean, the colorful mix of styles and patterns and prints (Oh my!) is unlike any other season. Lovely lace, fabulous floral, bold splashes of color, and sassy statement wear are in this season, but one of my favorite styles for spring are stripes. Always drool worthy, stripes are super hot for 2013 so expect to see fashionistas everywhere mixing and matching and creating fab new looks with this geometric gem.
STYLE TIP: You can never go wrong with black and white stripes but don’t be afraid to color outside the lines. Bold and colorful stripes not only make a statement but they also show your fun side.
Here are a few stripe-inspired styles to help you keep your look “in line” and on trend this season.
1. This INC International Concepts Sleeveless Striped A-Line Dress (Macy's $89.50) mixes vertical and horizontal patterns for a fresh look.
2. Look tuxedo chic in these sassy Skinny Ankle Pants (Forever 21 $19.80).
3. This gorg Open Front Striped Blazer (Forever 21 $27.80) features a notched lapel, cuff sleeves and padded shoulders. Q-T!
4. These Striped Drawstring Harem Pants (Forever 21 $17.80) adds just the right amount of chic to any look.
5. Look sharp in the bold, contrasting lines of this Petite Striped Crepe Button Down Blouse (Ann Taylor $59.99); perfect for a redefined work-to-weekend look.
6. This Three-Quarter-Sleeve Striped Top by AGB (Macy's $24.99) adds a bit of stylish interest with its sheer sleeves and bold lines.
7. Expect onlookers to react with envy when you rock these fab REACTOR Heels (Steve Madden $109.95).
8. Fab-u-lust! This Brown & White Woven Tote (Henri Bendel $398.00) will have onlookers craving your sense of style!
~ Nikka Shae