With the heat already going strong down here in Houston, there's no better time to start pulling out the crop tops. Don't worry they're not just for teenagers anymore. You can definitely class these up. My typical rule of thumb here is to cover that belly button, just show a peek. Pair one of these with anything high waisted and you're good to go. My favorite pairing is mixing a crop top with a high waisted maxi. This kind of look can go from day to night. You can also switch it up with a fitted pencil skirt, midi or pants. Just make sure it's high waisted for maximum classiness. Whether it's a flowy, fitted, or button up crop - you'll be on trend this summer.
1. ASTR woven crop shell, Nordstrom $25.20 - This is a great loose shell gives off that relaxed effortless chic look, and this one comes in a variety of colors. Pair it with a pair of printed skinny pants and heels, and you're good to go.
2. Topshop 'Kaboom' crop top, Nordstrom $28 - I have to admit that I have this in my closet. With graphic prints also being a trend lately, this mixes the two, and I can't wait to pair it with a high waisted skirt, or wide leg pants.
3. Striped stretch-knit crop, Forever 21 $6.80 - I happen to love shirts with sleeves, despite the heat. This striped one will go perfectly with a white maxi.
4. Topshop Moto 'Sophie' denim crop, Nordstrom $52.00 - Denim and cropped? What more could you ask for. I'd pair it classically with some high waisted white shorts or pants.
5. Printed Cropped T-shirt, Zara $19.90 - This shirt is perfect. Loose, lightweight, pretty print, and a great price.
6. Runway Raya Cropped top, BCBG Max Azria $278.00 - You can't tell from the image, but this is actually a high-low shirt, cropped in the front with a longer back. Adore!
7. Tie-front eyelet shirt, Forever 21 $14.80 - Eyelet comes back every summer, and why not? It's adorable, and with the cap sleeves it's structured and will look perfect with shorts or a skirt.
Remember to keep following me on the Style Setter site for the latest finds, and trends from The Houston Galleria.