Boots are my favorite thing to shop for, which speaks volumes, as I am a self-admitted shopoholic. I have made a list of 5 types of boots every girl needs in her wardrobe. Cannot wait for boot weariing weather to be upon us! Check out my picks below:
1. Equestrian: Is there anything more classic looking than a tan leather equestrian boot? This fall staple pairs well with skinny jeans, a basic t-shirt, and an oversized scarf. Because this may become an worn-nearly-everyday boot, look for one that is either flat, or has a low heel or wedge for comfort.
"Monique Boot" Coach, $398
There's just something about a good pair of equestrian boots that makes me want to take a stroll while taking in the fall scenery around Boston. Preferably with a pumpkin spice latte in hand.
2. Biker Boots: The perfect choice for giving any outfit a little edge. Nothing says "cool" like a well worn pair of biker boots.
"Frye Vera Moto Boot", Urban Outfitters $298
3. Black Boot: Having a good black boot in your wardrobe is a must. For a timeless boot, look for something chic with few to no frills or embellishments. My favorite is the "Mezzamezza" boot by Stuart Weitzman, which fits very snug on the leg, but can accomodate a skinny jean, legging, or stockings. A comfortable, and classic style black boot is worth spending a little extra as it will last for years with good care.
Stuart Weitzman "Mezzamezza" boot. Nordstrom, $595
4. Booty: There are two types of booties that every gal needs; one is dressier, the other is casual.
Dressy: A solid black booty with a heel can add a hint of edginess or polish to any outfit. For a night out, try pairing them with opaque black tights, an a-line shift dress, and stack on the big statement jewels.
"Marlee Haircalf Booties" Ann Taylor, $278
(These also come in a really cool black and white spotted version)
Western-inspired suede booties are very trendy right now, and look great with just about anything. They are popping up all over street style blogs worn with everything from skinny jeans, flowy summer frocks, to going out attire.
Marc Fisher Slant Boot, Macy's $129
5. Rainboot: No excuse needed to invest in a pair of good wellies as there's no denying that they are necessary for surviving the seasonal elements here in New England. When investing in footwear that serves a utilitarian purpose such as snow or rain boot, look for ones that you would think are cute if worn on a nice day too, because it's no fun being prepared for inclement weather only for the sun to decide to shine all day when you're wearing boots reserved for that weather only.
Whether you choose tall or short, when it comes to color, black is a great basic to have because they go with just about anything, but for a little pop of color, red or yellow can help make rainy days fun. Consider how they will look with your raincoat.
Hunter Tall Glossy Rain Boots, Lord & Taylor $135
Would you add any other styles to this list? Do you have a favorite item to shop for too?