Winter is tough on your skin- as evidenced by my currently super dry cuticles and chapped lips. Between the biting cold and the freezing wind, my skin needs moisture and fast to make it intact to spring.
We've talked about starting a solid skin care routine to keep your skin healthy, clear, and glowing, but what can you do when you have a particular skin problem? In this case, seriously dry skin.
Sephora at Towne East Square has all the remedies for my winter skin woes. Let's check out my haul:
1. Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream
2. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand Cream
3. Boscia Luminizing Black Mask
4. Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve
5. Soap & Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream
6. Fresh Sugar Lip Polish
7. Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil
Dry, cracked hands and cuticles are (best case) not cute and (worst case) quite painful. Slathering on a good hand cream a few times a day (especially after all that frequent hand-washing you should be doing to keep the cold and flu viruses at bay!) will help soothe your skin. What I look for in a hand cream: non-greasy feel, ultra-hydrating, and a great (but not overpowering) scent. These creams from Bliss (1) and Josie Maran (2) fit the bill.
Rosebud Salve (4) is a great multipurpose beauty remedy. You can rub this into cuticles, onto dry lips, elbows, and knee. It can even be used to soothe minor burns (perfect for when a curling iron goes a little rogue).
My pedicure game isn't as strong during the winter (most of the time my feet are wrapped in thick socks + boots), but that isn't an excuse for rough heels and dry feet. This foot cream by Soap & Glory (5) smooths everything out.
Don't forget your face! It's exposed to the winter wind and the cold, too. Think about adding a face oil to your skin regimen. After washing your face, take a few drops of oil and rub your hands together before working the oil into your face and neck. I love Tarte's Pure Maracuja Oil because it moisturizes and helps brighten skin. A luminizing skin mask can also help fight dull winter skin. Boscia makes a good one- just don't let the black color scare you away! It's packed with minerals that soften and brighten skin.
- To treat rough, dry feet, apply a generous amount of foot cream and slip on a pair of cotton socks before going to bed. The socks help lock in the moisture (and keep your sheets clean). You'll wake up super soft.
- Stash a few travel-sized hand creams in different places so you always have one nearby. I keep one in my purse, at my desk at work, next to the kitchen sink, and on my night stand in my bedroom. (A girl can't be too hydrated!)
- Follow up a lip scrub with a super emollient lip balm. This pulls double-duty on the lip softening front in the war against chapped lips.
You can pick up the products featured above at Sephora.